The lovely and talented Allierae21 has nominated me for a Liebster Award, and I am so very grateful! Please check out her awesome blog, How to Get Things Done in 10 Ways.
The Liebster Award is a fantastic way to help new bloggers network and gain exposure and also a great way to discover blogs worth reading.
Here is how it works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Here are the 11 questions Allierae21 asked me:
- Why did you start blogging?
I enjoy my day job (usually), but I need a creative outlet. I’ve always had a passion for storytelling, and I’d have to say my main life goal is to make as many people laugh as I possibly can. There’s a bit of J. Awkward Prufrock in all of us, and I want everyone to be able to laugh with me about how crazy love can be!
2. What is your biggest pet peeve?
3. If you played hooky from work, what would you spend the day doing?
Find a nice, sunny reading spot in a park somewhere and half-read, half-people watch.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest/best talent?
I’m weirdly good at tongue twisters.
5. What are you afraid of?
Snakes. I can’t watch Snakes on the Plane without entering the throes of a full-on panic attack.
6. What is your favorite T.V. show?
Parks and Recreation.
7. What is your go-to meal to prepare for dinner?
Which take-out menu is nearest to me?
8. What is your favorite post on your blog?
I think Reflections on Monogamy: The Childhood Years. Just because it’s fun to look back on our childhood selves, and in my case, realize that not much has changed.
9. Mac or Windows?
Gotta go with Mac. I’ve had my trusty MacBook for 7 years and it still works pretty damn near perfectly.
10. What is your favorite form of social media?
Pinterest (perhaps because it may be the least social of the social medias).
11. If you could be any animal, what animal would it be?
An owl: badass bird of prey, nocturnal, can turn their heads almost all the way around, associated with wisdom, and it’s the best chance I have to get to Hogwarts.
Thanks again, Allierae21!
Without further ado, here are my 11 nominations for the Liebster Award (note: I may have messed up and you may have more than 200 followers. I like your blog anyway.):
Here are my questions for you, should you choose to accept them:
- Who is your favorite fictional character of all time?
- What was your favorite movie when you were a kid?
- If the zombie apocalypse were happening as you were reading this, which three objects in the room would you take with you as weaponry?
- Do you have any weird hobbies?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- Is there a writer whom you particularly aspire to be like?
- Describe your writing in three words.
- If you could be anything, career-wise, without having to give the slightest thought to finances, stability, or practicality, what would you be?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite scent?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?